Best Cryptocurrency Lawyers In USA, In the last five years of practicing exclusively in the cryptocurrency space, Rafael has done extensive regulatory work at the state and federal levels, including both collaborative and adverse interactions with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), and countless state regulators. In addition to defensive regulatory work,
Rafael advises a plethora of small to large crypto exchange operations, token issuers, and DAOs to help them navigate their legal obligations, mitigate risks, and focus on growing their businesses, disrupting existing regimes, or experimenting with censorship resistant, immutable, decentralized technology.
Rafael’s initial interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency began in 2013. Since then, he has gained extensive understanding and experience with fundamental and technical analysis, market operations and risks, arbitrage, custodial and cyber-security procedures, and the political, philosophical, and economic motivations that set the stage for the ubiquitous rise of cryptocurrency. In 2017 as the world began to finally notice the technological and economic disruption taking place in this arena, Rafael felt compelled to get involved, contribute, and support what is likely to be the most important technological revolution of our generation.
Prior to the formation of The Crypto Lawyers, Rafael litigated complex securities class actions against the biggest financial institutions in the world, represented consumers in class-actions combating corporate malfeasance, prosecuted antitrust class-actions against bad actors in the financial and commodity space, represented whistleblowers in False Claims Act cases against corporations that defrauded taxpayers, defended the rights of individuals charged with white collar and other crimes on Wall Street, and represented investors and financial advisors in FINRA, AAA, and JAMS arbitrations.
- The State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
Recent Publications and Appearances
- There’s a Fake Trezor Wallet in the Apple App Store Draining Crypto Decrypt
- Federal Judge Approves Service of Court Papers Through NFTs FullyCrypto
- Plaintiff Wins Case Against Hackers After Serving Court Papers via NFT Decrypt
- Regulatory Risks and Compliance The Fair Launch Summit
- Understanding Your Legal Rights Citadel Dispatch
- Should Coinjoin Users be Flagged? Stephan Livera podcast
- Bitcoin Fungibility, Mixing And The Legal Limits On Maintaining Privacy. Bitcoin Magazine
- Episode 38 The Swan Signal