USA Top Cryptocurrency Lawyers is, Agustin M. Barbara is a managing partner at The Crypto Lawyers. As a pioneer and industry expert in blockchain intellectual property, Agustin uses his technical training and expertise as a registered patent attorney to create, protect, and uphold intricate cryptocurrency and blockchain technology-related patents, trademarks, and copyrights for prestigious clients all over the world. In addition, Agustin frequently speaks at major international conferences on emerging intellectual property trends and legal challenges affecting NFTs and blockchain-based innovations.
Agustin actively handles a wide range of high-profile cryptocurrency and blockchain related investigations and has earned a reputation as a zealous advocate for victims of cryptocurrency scams, hacks, ransoms, and other types of illicit and criminal activities. Agustin has particular experience serving as a liaison to federal law enforcement agencies and a proven track record in the recovery of misplaced, inaccessible, and stolen cryptocurrencies. Agustin also navigates clients through disputes with cryptocurrency exchanges, such as deposit and withdrawal restrictions, account suspensions and terminations, chargebacks, and frozen assets.
Agustin received his bachelor’s degree at Florida International University (FIU), where he specialized in Biomedical Engineering. Agustin graduated summa cum laude from the FIU Chapman Graduate School of Business with a Master of Business Administration, and earned his Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law. While attending law school, Agustin clerked for two prominent South Florida attorneys, where he gained extensive experience in all aspects of civil and criminal defense litigation, in both state and federal trial and appellate levels.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Agustin worked as a research associate in the Department of Human and Molecular Genetics at the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, where he focused on using various cell-based, genetic, and transgenic technology to uncover the functions of various genes in normal development and in various diseases. Agustin’s research in identifying the role played by relaxin family peptides and their receptors in various physiological systems was published in numerous peer-reviewed journals, including Biology of Reproduction and Molecular Endocrinology.
- The State Bar of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Recent Publications and Appearances
- Plaintiff Wins Case Against Hackers After Serving Court Papers via NFT Decrypt
- How Web3 Changes the Content Model? Meta Futurist
- NFT Trends to Watch in 2022 and Beyond Meta Futurist
- NFTs and Intellectual Property: Exploring the Legal Landscape and Key Issues NFT.NYC
- NFT Law: Are NFTS Legal? DCentralCon
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: Novel Issues in Commercial Litigation iLaw2022: The ILS Global Forum on International Law, April 1, 2022